Application are invited in Standard Form as published in Part IX of Assam Gazette from intending and eligible candidates who are citizen of India as defined in the Article 5 and 8 of the Constitution of India for filling up the posts mentioned below under the Directorate of Library Services, Assam in the scale of Pay with Grade Pay as indicated against the category of posts and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules.
Director of Library Services Assam
1.Name of Post : Library Assistant
- No of Post : 1
- Pay Band : Rs.14000-49000/- Grade Pay Rs.8700/-
- Categories : UR
- Vacancy at : Karimganj
- Qualification : Bachelor’s degree in any discipline along with Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from any recognised University. ii) Having certificate and proficiency in computer skills in MSOffice, Internet, E-Mail correspondence etc. along with computer application experience in library field.
2.Name of Post : Junior Assistant
- No of Post : 4
- Pay Band : Rs. 14000-49000/- Grade Pay Rs. 6200/-
- Category : ST-1, UR-3
- Location at : Guwahati
- Qualification : i) Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University. ii)Having certificate and proficiency in computer skills in MS-Office, Internet, E-Mail correspondence etc.
3.Name of Post : Junior Assistant (District Level)
- No of Post : 10
- Pay Band : Rs.14000-49000/- Grade Pay Rs. 6200/-
- Category : SC-1, ST(P)-1, ST(H)-1, OBC/MOBC-3, UR- 1
- Location at : Jorhat, Dhuburi, North Lakhimpur, Karimganj, Morigaon, South Salmara, Biswanath Chariali, Pragiyotishpur, Hojai
- Qualification: i) Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University. ii)Having certificate and proficiency in computer skills in MS-Office, Internet, E-Mail correspondence etc.
4.Name of Post : Counter Attendant (District level)
- No of Post : 2
- Pay Band : Rs.14000-49000/- Grade Pay Rs. 5000/-
- Category : OBC/MOBC-1, UR-1
- Location at : Nagaon, Goalpara
- Qualification : i) HSLC Examination passed from any recognised Board/Council or Passed any examination declared equivalent thereof by the Government. ii) Having certificate and experience in Computer application.
Age : Candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 44 years of age, with relaxation of upper age limit over 38 years, as on 1st January 2018. However, upper age limit for candidates of SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/Persons with Disabilities will be 49 years and for candidates of OBC/MOBC will be 47 years as on 1st January.
The candidates who have no BPL certificate must pay application fee amounting to Rs. 250/- (for General candidate) or Rs. 150/- (for SC, ST(P), ST(H), OBC/MOBC candidate). The amount of fee will have to be deposited into Govt Treasury in the head of Account “0070 other Administrative Services” and Treasury Challan against the fee must be enclosed with application. Candidates having BPL Certificate and candidates having caste certificate of SC,ST,OBC/MOBC category must submit copy of respective certificate(s) attesting by self with his application.
How to Apply
Candidates need to apply the appliance type in fully stuffed up customary type with all testimonials. the appliance can need to reach board of directors of Library Services, Assam on or before 30th Nov, 2018.
- Application along with self attested copies of all testimonials in support of their qualification, computer education, age, etc. and two copies of passport size photograph of candidates must reach the office of the undersigned on or before 30th November 2018.
- Candidates already in Govt Service should apply through proper channel.
- Candidate must have registered his name in employment exchange and registration no. with date must be mentioned in his application. Self attested copy of the registration card must also be submitted along with application.
- All applicable points in the application form must be filled up properly. Incomplete and late received application will be rejected without giving any intimation to the candidate
- One self address envelope of 11 cm X 25 cm. size affixing there upon postal stamp of Rs. 5/- only should be furnished along with the application. E-Mail ID of Candidates (if any) may be incorporated in the application form.
- Candidates will have to superscribe the name of the post applied for at the top of the sealed envelope carrying the application form.
- Department will not be responsible for any loss of application during transit and for postal delay.
- Eligible candidates of above posts will have to appear in the written examination as and when called for. Successful candidates in written examination will be called for computer test subsequently.
- Candidates canvassing directly or indirectly will be liable for disqualification.